Gardner's Hole Landscape

Almost done with this one, a fairly large landscape which has been a delight to paint. I've been trying to come up with simple landscapes to use as demos in my upcoming class in oil landscape (check out www.susankennedy.com/Instruction.html to see about this); this is not one of them, hah! It got a bit more detailed, and thanks Mom, for the photos from which this was taken. I've been getting more and more fascinated with alla prima painting, and even though this one has a bit more layering, it has been done largely wet-into-wet in a direct painting style. It's not quite done, and it's 22" by 28". Send me a note at kennedyartstudio@bellsouth.net if you're interested in this painting OR in landscape classes in the North Atlanta area!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

New Upcoming Book on Painting Landscapes with Light and Depth (for Oil and Acrylic Painters)