Paintings on Sale - Summer Themes in Oil

You can see some of the demos I've done in class here in the next couple of days. I'm trying to dig through the piles of paintings, I'm going to have to use them to prop open doors or something.

I had been working on this in class, it was more of an "alla prima" type seascape, quickly done, with more loose and impulsive brushwork. You might think it's not, but when you see the more detailed and layered Edisto scene which is basically the same (just a different treatment), you'll notice the difference. I'm experimenting more and more with alla prima, it's where I want to be, and it certainly is more satisfying for students. You can get the beautiful blending of colors, and avoid the problem of picking up the colors of wet under layers by NOT HAVING THEM, ha! It feels strange and wrong to start with a white canvas and paint each section jigsaw-puzzle style, but the payoff is worth it.

Thanks for looking, and if you want to see this painting on ebay, click here.

Email me, too (kennedyartstudio@bellsouth. net --and take out the extra space when you type it) if you're interested in my oil and watercolor classes in the North Atlanta area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

New Upcoming Book on Painting Landscapes with Light and Depth (for Oil and Acrylic Painters)