Paper Mache Cow Head

I don't know why why why working on this cow head has been inspiring, but it has been.
A drama friend got a dried, bleached skull to me, and I gooped it up and started layering paper mache on top...mesmerizing! The cardboard and chopsticks won't stay in Milky White's ears, but they are keeping the ears from curling inward. As you might guess, this is for a "Milky White" puppet for Into the Woods, which is what our local troupe is doing. : )

But seriously, falling in love with the paper as a medium, and thinking all kinds of strange thoughts like maybe I should sculpt. And it's funny, building a cow head on the real skull makes me feel so much sympathy for the gentle animal that was using that skull! It does make me happy that she has another life on the stage now.

Have to finish her up with some toilet paper cellulose clay and figure out in puppet terms how to make her jaw OPEN only when a mechanism is triggered. I think I have noodled it out, but it still seems like an awkward solution, so any puppeteers out there, help!

BTW like me on facebook if you'd like: www.facebook.com/susankennedyart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts