Winter Watercolor!

Winter Watercolor Session is coming up!! I can't wait, and I've written a doc which has the landscapes we'll be using which you can find here.

I find that things work out best if we focus on some small "mini exercises" in the first hour of class: a piece of fruit, a wood texture, a tree, a mountain ridge...something simple which gives us the steam to do a small landscape painting in the second hour. A mini exercise is like this:

or this:

And a typical painting which we'll do in the second hour of class is like this:
A little more involved: maybe some trees, some sky, some water, a few landscape elements which exist together on a page. We work on concepts like wet-into-wet vs. wet-on-dry, and we practice color mixing, how to handle your brushes, how to use enough paint and enough pigment in your paint, all of the basics. And, it's a blast! Come join us!
You can call 770 781-2215 to sign up, and you can even just show up and pay $20 at the front desk to join a class. 

Susan






Comments

  1. Wish I lived a little close as I'd be there like a shot!! Merry Christmas Susan, all the best for 2014, and thanks for sharing your tips and advice over the past year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the arts/design of your website. I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something I found another one Sneha arts like you, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a tremendous post blog and check these Indian literature, also look like your website on arts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head