About Artisan Things


I love this friend's ideas. Not only is she building a business which promotes the integration of gratitude and appreciation into corporate culture, the items she uses in her baskets and gifts are always hand-made artisan items. It makes me so happy!

I feel like sounding bells of alarm that American culture has got to not only embrace core values which will build up and not tear down BUT ALSO that we have got to support businesses and arts which have some intrinsic craftsmanship and value. If we keep buying the cheapest goods made at the cheapest factories, we will not only do ourselves out of jobs and markets, we will be supporting huge corporations which use their power in the market to pay the smallest wages and destroy local small businesses.

If I sound like I'm preaching, I guess I am. I have the point of view of an artist who is competing with mass produced art.

It's why I'm so excited about Fair Trade businesses, The Arts and Crafts Movement, Art, and businesses like Gratitude Goodies. Check it out and think about what you buy!

As my very green daughter says, "You can just buy fewer things and buy hand-made!" That's right Erin baby woo hoooooooooooooooo!



Don't forget to look at Diane's super website with gift ideas for companies: gratitudegoodies.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head