What We'll Work on in Oil Painting Workshops this Spring


I thought this week I'd show you what we'll be working on in my Oil Landscape Class this spring at Midway Park in Cumming, Georgia. Those of you living in North Atlanta can come and sign up for six weeks of workshops in Oil technique: we'll spend a little time at the beginning of class working on a color mixing exercise, and then we will work together on the same simple landscape to get our LANDSCAPE CHOPS, yeah!!! All of the demos we'll be doing together are my own paintings, all done from photos I (or my mom!!) have taken. If you don't like copying another artists' work to learn in class, feel free to work on your own oil painting project, and I will tutor you in any way I can.

Anyway, one of the first classes will be focusing on this "alla prima" style painting (Alla prima being a direct painting method which will be my usual process). I find that alla prima-- working on one area wet-into-wet, then the next area (blending the edges together)fitting together the landscape elements together like a jigsaw puzzle--works well for a class setting, because being able to layer landscape elements is a rarity in a classroom setting. Drying would be the problem!!

Anyway, if you're in the North Atlanta or Cumming area and want to paint with us, send me a note or call 770 781-2215! We'll have a super time and lots of laughs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head