Dragon Archipelago, Tiny Little Abstract on Etsy

I had been teaching watercolor class and got talking with my students about monotypes. When I noticed that my palette of paints looked prettier than my painting, they challenged me to make a print of it and turn it into something. So after having lifted it off the palette and found that the colors had lost a lot of punch, I started adding a few layers.

It begged for a bit of metallic paint, too, and ended up looking both like a dragon and like a chain of islands...so I named it "Dragon Archipelago and thought I'd show it to everyone.

Thanks for looking! If you want to see it in my etsy store, you can
click here.
Have a wonderful arty weekend and thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head