Miniatures once Again, Why would I do this?

Click here to see this little miniature of mine on etsy!
Sometimes I can't help painting miniatures! Why in the heck would I feel guilty about it? I don't get that. I feel that it's not respectable, or it's nit picky, which is not the kind of artist I want to be. I want to paint large, brash, luscious paintings, which are expressive and colorful!

But sometimes it's really therapeutic to get back to my roots and pick up a watercolor brush that has, oh, three hairs, put on my reading glasses (cheater, I know!) and paint tiny. It seems to enhance the sense of a different time, a memory, because it's able to be held in your hand and looked at closely.

And this painting is a memory, it's a rough approximation of the banks of the Amicalola River here in North Georgia, with a trout fisherman/fisherwoman that I imagined and put in there. Heck, don't even know if there are trout in the Amicalola. But I liked the figure, it looks shadowy and evocative.

Saw "Cowboys and Aliens" last night and it gave me a disturbed night's sleep, which I hadn't thought it would do. So violent! Yow!
More later, so do check back, and if you want to see all of my etsy paintings, you can click here.And do let me know if you're interested in commissioning a landscape!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head