First Day of Oil Class coming Up!



This is the tree we will be working on in class on Wednesday January 18 from 10:00 AM to Noon, the first day of the January oil session! It's a beautiful Tamarack tree, someone inquiring about a commission inspired me and it looks like the perfect simple study for class.

We'll spend the first half hour talking about painting in oils and sharing supplies (feel free to borrow my materials for the first class, just bring an 11 x 14 or 16 x 20 canvas or canvas panel!)

The second painting is a simple and colorful still life you can do if you wish to branch out and depart from the landscape theme of the session. I'll be bringing a floral or still life idea to copy every week for those of my students who want to come to landscape class and learn from the landscape demo, but work on a different project. I'll help those of you who choose the "different" painting project as I make my rounds around the room, but the demo I'll be working on will be the landscape element.

If you want to see more about Oil Class, go to www.susankennedy.com after Jan 5, I'll have new brochures and materials lists posted. As it is, you can print out the old materials lists and syllabi, the updates and tweaks just won't be there till the 5th. Which means that the demos from last year (tree, mountain, sky, water scene, etc)won't be the slightly different scenes we'll be working on this year.

Come and join me! It'll be a blast! You can call 77- 781-2215 to inquire or sign up, or just email me at kennedyartstudio@ bellsouth.net (you'll have to take out the space!) Thanks for looking and have a wonderful arty New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head