Late Spring Florals


Delightful to get back into florals, and this little study is based upon Mom's rhodies. She's my source for these delightful blooms, and many more besides. Thanks, Mom!

You can get lost in these huge clusters of blooms, as you can with a huge handful of hydrangea...intoxicating and time-stopping. My favorite quote about flowers that comes in to mind is by the poet Theodore Roethke: "Deep in their roots all flowers keep the light." What a beautiful, poetic, mystical depiction of the idea that the ethereal and the celestial can hide inside of us. (Since, in my book, we're all flowers.)More on that later.

Pass along your thoughts on flowers and art, and let me know if you're interested in commissioning one! Here's my etsy store where you can see my latest paintings for sale, including this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head