Collaborating on an Abstract Painting

I'm so excited about collaborations!! Erin, if you read this, I need to trade paintings back and forth in the mail with you!

My other daughter and I did this abstract together as a collaborative work. She started it, with the idea being a conflict of opinions and ideas. I don't know that it really ended up looking full of conflict, but it's certainly full of contrasting colors and details.

If you're into painting, try collaborating! The older I get, the more interesting abstracts become, and I had no idea how inspiring collaborative work could be. Shannon and I paint for 10 minutes or so, then trade places. It is like bringing another muse into your head! The other artist does things to the piece which you never would have done, and all sorts of rabbit trails form which take on a life of their own. I love it!

I'm not sure we've figured out a title for this one, but it will be on Shannon's etsy store soon.
In the meantime, you can check out susankennedy.etsy.com (my store) or ShannonsArtWorkshop.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head