Going nuts with Tiny Art!

I love art cards; you might not know it, but I do indeed keep coming back again and again to the tiny format.
This one's on my etsy store, you can see it here.

Anyway, back to the mini format: try it!! It's so therapeautic, it's almost like putting your head inside a box and getting lost in a tiny world. I find that it focuses my impulses and enforces a thoughtfulness as well as a daring willingness to take risk. I guess it's that there's little to lose, but I swear there's also something about zooming in that sharpens one's senses! It makes it so much easier to get "in the zone," and is a refuge in my artistic life. 

All the more when the subject matter is abstract landscape or fantasy art! This one has an inscription on the back: "Dance Dream Soar" which expresses my state of mind when a fantasy subject and a lighthearted palette of colors is chosen. 

If you enjoy this, come back later to see a post about tiny fantasy art made into pendants, another obsession from the last week!

Susan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head