Good Grief, Tiny Tiny Wearable Art

I think I'm losing my mind.
I'm going nuts with miniature art, this happens periodically. My mind is always thrashing around, looking for a new twist on painting, crocheting, drawing...and making my tiny tiny miniatures into wearable art pendants is the latest iteration. For those who have restless hands and arty minds like mine, you can adhere a tiny watercolor or acrylic to the back of a glass round which then fits in to a bezel like the one on the left. 

I'm using Diamond Glaze to adhere the miniature to the glass (after sealing the painting), and would love any input about a better way to do this. The manufacturer says that the Diamond Glaze is acid free, but that it could conceivably yellow. Yikes! 

The pendant on the right is just a mixed media painting which has been sealed and glued into the bezel with Crafter's Pick "The Ultimate" glass and metal glue. 

I'm sure I'll be learning a lot about making wearable art pendants, but thought I'd show you my effort and tell you to give this a try! The materials are easy to find on Amazon or at a hobby shop, (glass, bezels, bails, painting supplies, Diamond Glaze and "The Ultimate" crafters glue). 

-----
Check out my art at www.susankennedy.etsy.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head