And...Winter Oil Painting Class!

Also a new session in Oils here in Forsyth County at Fowler Park!! It will be on Thursday mornings this winter from 10 AM to Noon, beginning January 9. You can see the four reference photos for the four oil paintings we'll be working on in January if you click here.

Here are some of my demo paintings from recent sessions which show you the way I paint when I work from reference photos, and this semi-layered technique is how I work in class:




We have lots of fun painting in oil class and you can choose from among several different types of Oil Paints:
I use alkyds (Winsor and Newton "Griffin" fast drying Oil Colors) see the company's info here. Some of my students use water mixable oils like these, and still others use traditional slow drying oils like Winton or Gamblin brands. A list of these types of oils, the colors you might want to bring to class, and other needed supplies can be found here.
 I hope you come and join us, and make it a winter of artistic growth!

You can sign up for any of my classes by calling 770 781-2215.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter Watercolor!

My Spring 2021 Art Newsletter with All Kinds of Arty Thoughts

Paper Mache Cow Head